Counseling Centers of New York (CCNY)
Pre- conference: June 8, 2016
Conference: June 9 & 10, 2016
In a week from today we’ll be hosting the 34th Annual CCNY conference here by Seneca Lake! Please keep your fingers crossed (or engage in whatever superstitious ritual you prefer) that we’ll have sunny weather so that we can enjoy the outdoors while you’re here.
Just some last minute instructions:
- If you haven’t already sent your check for payment of the conference/tour/room fees, please make sure to bring it with you when you come. If your business office is sending it, that’s fine, we just hope to get our CCNY budget balanced shortly after the conference ends.
- If you need directions to our school, you can find them here: http://www.hws.edu/about/driving.aspx If you’re programming your GPS, use the 300 Pulteney Street address. There is a 3-D campus map on our website as well, but we created a 2-D version that’s easier to read (at least in our opinion) and that includes the main buildings and parking lots where the conference will take place. It will be attached to this email.
- Parking is free; please use the main visitors’ lots which can both be accessed from Pulteney Street, near the Hwy 5 & 20 entrance (also known as Hamilton Street). These are the Scandling and Medbery lots.
- For those staying on campus in the Caird Hall residence, it will be most convenient for you to park in the Scandling lot. Check-in times are:
- Tuesday 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm at Caird Hall (late arrivals should pick up keys at Campus Safety)
- Weds 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm at Caird Hall (late arrivals should pick up keys at Campus Safety)
- For those not staying on campus, check in will be (we will also have keys available for those who are checking in these mornings):
- Weds 8:30 am – 9:30 am at Scandling Hall
- Thurs 8:00 am – 9: 00 am at Scandling Hall
- If you indicated special dietary needs on your registration, please remember to let your server know which special meal to bring you (i.e., vegan, vegetarian, nut allergy, gluten-free, no dairy, etc.) They are preparing different/special meals for those who need them but be prepared to notify them which meals to bring you.
- If you’re staying in Caird Hall, there is a small fitness center on the first floor, so feel free to bring your workout clothes. There are also kitchens, refrigerators, pool tables, and laundry facilities. The main fitness center (Bristol Fieldhouse (not to be confused with Bristol Gym)) will also be open for all those attending.
If you have other questions, please feel free to contact us and we’ll answer whatever we can.
Can’t wait to see you all soon!
Shelly Lear, Psy.D.
Counseling and Student Wellness
Hobart & William Smith Colleges
91 St. Clair Street
Geneva, NY 14456
(315) 781-4455 (FAX)