Outreach Coordinator's Handbook
Jeff E. Brooks-Harris, J. Judd Harbin, Laura W. Doto, Paulette M. Stronczek, & Bert H. Epstein
12. Beyond Workshops
- Although workshops have long been the hallmark of university outreach, you should consider other options as well.
- Does your campus have a radio or television station? Public service announcements or being a guest on an interview show are two ways to educate people through campus media.
- Outreach may also include written materials like educational pamphlets that you buy commercially to distribute on campus or that you write, design, and produce in-house.
- With students spending more time on-line, you might want to think about creating access to internet resources like the Virtual Pamphlet Collection that is part of the Counseling Center Village.
- Passive programming (displays, resource fairs, brochures) are nice for advertising and quick education on some topics.
back | contents
Copyright © 2000 Workshop Central. Permission
is granted to copy and use this material for educational and
non-profit purposes only. This copyright statement and
acknowledgement of authorship should remain intact on materials
you copy from this website.