FEEL BETTER FAST: HELP WITH DEPRESSION, STRESS, & INSOMNIA
Bert H. Epstein, Psy.D.
There is substantial research that show that the techniques in this program will help you to feel better fast, when dealing with depression, stress, and/or insomnia.
There is, however, one CRITICAL element that leads to success: your willingness to work very hard using these techniques on a daily basis. You will be amazed at the results.
1. Relaxation Techniques
- Abdominal Breathing
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation
- Body Scan
- Guided Imagery
2. Pleasurable Activities
- Do at least one pleasurable activity per day for yourself
- Preferably something you used to like to do but no longer do
3. Taking Care of One's Body
- Exercise (aerobic, 20-30 minutes, 3+ times per week)
- Nutrition (reduce calories, caffeine, alcohol, drugs, nicotine)
- Time Management (organization, prioritization, delegation)
- Good Sleep (7-8 hours/night)
4. Restructuring Thoughts
- Since thoughts lead to feelings, identify the thoughts
that precede your negative moods.
- Likely, they are distorted, irrational, or unhelpful.
- Evaluate and respond to them in write, with "other ways to think about it."
- Do this exercise at least three times per week.