INDICATORS OF STRESS
- The "Upsets"
- Stomach ache, headache, dizzy, eye strain
- Having Sleep Problems (too little or too much)
- Being Afraid (to make decisions)
- Feeling Anxious (tense, nervous, jumpy, unable to relax)
- Feeling Hostile (angry at minor things)
- Exaggerating Normal Behaviors (e.g. hard workers turn
into workaholics; quit people turn into loaners)
- Withdrawing (from friends, family, and co-workers)
- Working Harder (but getting less done)
- Scapegoating (blaming others, finding fault, being critical or hard to please)
- Having Fewer Stress-Free Conversations (with family and friends)
- Having Fights (about everything and nothing)
- Sharing Fewer Satisfactions (with family and friends)
- Having Other Family Members with Stress Problems (Stress is contagious.)
- Pretending that nothing is wrong
- This is horrible/unbearable. I'm not good enough.
- I'm going to flunk out of school. I'm going to go crazy.