Five Stress Producing Situations for College Students
1. Separation from Family
- Positive: A chance to gain independence a grow apart from
- Negative: Away from the positive support provided by the family.
- Requires new bearings and establishment of new support systems.
- Few rules.
- Many decisions, adjustment to own values, responsibility for own mistakes.
- Competition for grades, grad school slots, jobs.
- How much stress is it worth to reach my goals?
- Much time spent alone working in isolation to reach goals.
4. Peer Pressure
- Conflicts between your own values and wanting to be
accepted by others.
5. Choosing a Career
- Choosing a career that is interesting but also provides a
- Satisfying your parents.
- Wondering about the job market.