The original design of this page was by Jeff Harris
Design and Delivery of Developmental Interventions – This outline is a summary of Developmental Interventions: Theories, Principles and Practice by David Drum and Alice Lawler (1988). Columbus, OH: Merrill Publishing Co.
Four Fundamental Types of Workshop Learning Activities – This summary is based on Chapter 4 of Workshops: Designing and Facilitating Experiential Learning by Jeff E. Brooks-Harris and Susan R. Stock-Ward (1999). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
Key Elements in Workshop Design – This outline is a summary of Preparing, Designing, Leading Workshops: A Humanistic Approach by Susan Cooper and Cathy Heenan (1980). Boston: CBI Publishing Co.
Strategies to Design and Facilitate Workshops by Kathy Obear
- Components of a Generic Workshop Outline
- Motivation Grabbers
- Giving Instructions
- Principles for Using Icebreakers / Team-Builders
- Effective Teaching Strategies
- Coaching Skills
- Learning is Progression: How to Teach Skills
- Questioning Techniques
- Processing Questions for Each Level of SAGA
- Strategies for Handling Dysfunctional Group Behaviors
- Fifty Tips on Teaching
- Helpful Tidbits
Outreach Practices of a Small College Counseling Center: A Comprehensive Model to Serve the College Community
AUCCCO Documents (members only)