Welcome to the newly redesigned Counseling Center Village!
- Just as a real world village is made up of many individual homes, the Counseling Center Village is made up of the many home pages — and other web resources — created by college and university counseling centers around the world. You will find here a wide range of resources for the counseling center professional.
- Here you will find:
- psychoeducational workshop outlines, manuals, handouts.
- Information about internships, and graduate training.
- Readings and conference presentations.
- Job search resources and listings.
- Links to professional organizations.
- And more!
- Collaboration has never been easier!
- In this redesign, material and links from the previous version of the CCV have each been carefully reviewed. Those links that were no longer active, or else were woefully out of date and served no historical purpose, have been removed (if they could not be updated). Other material was removed if it did not strictly fit the mission of this site to contain material created by counseling center professionals (although I have violated this at times, one of the perks of being the webmaster). Of special note is the removal of the Counseling Center Directory. This was a listing of university and college counseling center websites. The sheer number of counseling center websites, and the continual changes in the URLs for these sites, made maintenance of the Directory impossible. As the years have gone by, it has become easier to find these websites by simply doing a google search. Also removed was the section on counseling center forms and paperwork (the section called At The Office). This collection was out of date with all the new developments in rules and regulations. At some time in the future I may create a new At The Office with an up-to-date collection.
- Do not hesitate to contact me if you have material you would like added.
Feel free to contact David Gilles-Thomas with questions or suggestions for the improvement of this site (contact info below).